When Servers Are Down
If sites, servers, etc. is ever down, please refer to the following protocol:
- Keep it simple.
- If portal and websites are down for an extended period of time, expect calls or chats regarding questions about this. There is no need to panic, please rely on the following rhetoric:
- “We’re refreshing our servers right now, everything should be up and running like normal shortly.”
- “We’re sorry you’re having issues accessing the portal / your website right now. We’re actually refreshing our servers and everything should be up shortly.”
- “We’re correcting a server issue right now, we apologize for the inconvenience. Websites and portal will be up and running shortly.
- If a client is calling in about a request take a note or have them email our support box.
- We are still in a shared office, keep chatter and excessive noise down.
- More information will be given depending on the situation
- Once server issues are reported, management takes active steps to report it to our developers who work through the issue in real time.