- An online search resource that can be used to find information about domains, including their location, registrar, their expiration date and the name servers.
TuCows: www. tucowsdomain.com
- TuCows is a domain registrar. It can also be used to acquire information about current domain providers, including contact information. This site is also a good resource for learning about domains.
- If a domain on whois.com shows that it’s registered at tucows.com, you may need to search for the domain provider.
What’s My DNS?: whatsmydns.net
- A tool that is very similar to Whois, but it is formatted differently. Here, you can also view the A record, TXT record, and MX records for any domain.
Whois History: www.domaintools.com/research/w...
- This resource can be used to look into the history of a domain. Within this site, you will be able to see all of the different changes in location for a domain, the age of the domain and the percentage of records published for the domain name.
- This website, while mostly known as a location to purchase domains, is also a free and easy way to check on the availability of a domain.