Have you sold secure forms and emails? Report your upsell and complete the specific intake form ASAP!
Protect Your Patients’ Private Health Information $15 - $200/month
Max Email Address
Up to 5
- HIPAA Compliant Email and Forms
- Easy to use email application
- Electronic Signatures*
- iPhone app available
- Easy encryption
- Email archiving
- Email forwarding
- Set-up secure email account in Outlook
- Ready made secure forms
*with the purchase of up to 5 users or more package
Ready Made Secure Forms
- Secure Contact Form
- Secure File Transfer
- Request an Appointment
- Patient Intake Form (Chiro)
- Contact Us
- Secure File Transfer
- Patient Experience Survey
- New Patient Form - General
Frequently Asked Questions!
*Direct clients to Onine Chiro landing page for Secure Forms/Emails. Powerpoint presentation is for internal uses only!
- Will I be able to send secure forms directly to my EMR/PMS?
- In order to keep data secure, all form submissions go directly into your secure email account. If you wish to add a completed form to your EMR/PMS, we recommending saving the contents as a PDF and then add it to your EMR/PMS/
- Can I connect my secure email to Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail, etc?
- YES! We can help you set-up your secure email to go through various platforms.
- To ensure that you are sending secure emails, we will need to complete a few additional setup steps so be sure to let us know you will not be using the web based email application.
- Is there a limit on the number of emails I can send in a day?
- When using webmail, a maximum of 350 emails can be sent every 24 hours
- WHen using POP & IMAP, you can send a maximum of 2,000 emails every 24 hours.
- Each recipient of an email counts as one email sent
- Secure email is not intended to send newsletters or emails to a large number of recipients, we recommend using specific marketing email platforms intended for newsletters, mailing lists, etc.
- What happens when I send an encrypted email to someone?
- The recipient will receive an email notification alerting them that they have received an encrypted email.
- If this is the the first time the recipient is receiving an encrypted email from you, they will be required to create a passphrase to access this message and all future messages.
- Recipient have the ability to reset their passphrase, however, all messages will be lost.
- One of my patients is unable to find an encrypted email I sent to them 2 months ago.
- All secure messages are available for 2 weeks and then automatically deleted for security purposes.