SEO & Website Improvement Suggestions
Hello Dr. ,
I reviewed the contents of your website and did some research and I have a few suggestions that could help improve your Search Engine Optimization (SEO):
- Add the practice name, address, and phone number in the header of the website.
- Add the address, business hours, and map at the bottom of the homepage next to the map. This can help with pulling that information for the search engines, and make this important information easily accessible for visitors
- Add keywords that you would like to be found for in your homepage paragraph text. When search engines read your website, the homepage tends to have more influence on your SEO than other pages on your site. Adding the services you offer, locations you serve, the practice name, and the Doctor's name can help your website be more easily found when people search for a dentist in your area.
- Please note that having TOO MANY keywords on in the area can been seen as "keyword stuffing" where the search engines think you are trying to cheat the system which can actually hurt your SEO.
- Next, begin working through each of your pages with the stock content we provided and entering unique content that is in your own words. This will not only make this information more specific to your practice, but also will help with SEO, because search engines like websites with more unique content.
- Lastly, go in about 2-3 months and update something on your website. It could be changing some images, rewording some text (see #3) or adding a blog post. This will not only keep your website fresh, it shows search engines that your website is up to date and not becoming stagnant which is another thing they love when it comes to ranking websites.
Additionally, your Google+ listing is on number 7 in the map listing, which puts you on the first page which is good. If you have access to your Google + page, the following suggestions might help improve your ranking within the Google Map Listing:
- Confirm that the Business name, phone number, address, email, business hours, etc. are 100% accurate.
- Select the Categories you would like to be found for. You can add up to five services you provide. This is where you will want to determine your five most popular services.
- In the Introduction paragraph, write up to 250 words of unique content that is different from on your website. Here you can include 5 to 10 of keywords in the text to help with your SEO, as well as links to important pages on your website.
- Encourage people to leave a review on your Google Plus page. Google tends to favor their own products and having more reviews and more interactions on your Google+ page can help improve your ranking. As of May 2015, there are over 900 million people using Gmail, so it's not really an extra hassle to log into an account they already use for other things.
In the last month (5/16-6/16), you have had ____ unique visits (based on IP address) on your website and ____ page views, so people are definitely finding your website. Once people have found your website, it's a matter of convincing them to come into the practice. I would suggest looking through your website and thinking about what information someone looking for a dentist would like to see right away when they pull up the website (testimonials, business hours, services, insurance/finances accepted etc.) and make these Items easily found and readily available for new visitors. I have also included a few specific suggestions below:
- Update the website design. Your current website design just looks a little dated and giving the website a fresh face can help your business be more appealing to potential patients visiting your website for the first time. We have recently developed several new designs that are very modern and professional looking. I would suggest taking a look through these and choosing one that fits your practice image. Remember that we can always change the color scheme, images, layout, etc. to match your logo or any other preferences you have.
- Your website has a LOT of items in the menu and this might make navigating your website difficult for those visitors who are less "internet-savvy." I would suggest consolidating these items into sub-menus, like the "Our Services" tab. For instance, you could put the "Links," "Q&A," "Educational Videos" and "Surgical Instructions" pages into tab titled "Patient Resources." You could also consolidate the "Our Practice," "Doctors," and "Insurance" pages into an "About Us" tab. It would make the menu bar more clean and simple and a little less overwhelming when people first come to your website. If there is a page that you want people to be able to find right away without any searching through tabs, we can create a "call-to-action" button on the homepage, similar to your "Meet the Doctor" and "Promotions" buttons.
- Create a "Specials" page on your website to help give new visitors more incentive to come into your practice. If you develop the text for the specials you would like to run, we can put them together with a nice image and make them into printable coupons on your website. We can also put an eye-catching button on your home page to make it more easily found. This can be just the motivation a visitor needs to take that step and come into your practice.
- Another thing potential patients like to see when looking for a practice other patients' experiences at the practice. If you use a third-party service for reviews, such as Lighthouse, DemandForce, or ZocDoc, they can provide you a widget code to place on your website to make those reviews easily accessible. We can also create a "Check out our Reviews" button on the homepage so it is one of the first things they see when your website comes up.
When reviewing your website and search engine optimization, please keep in mind that building SEO and moving up in the search rankings does take time, especially with a more densely populated area. Given that your website has only been building SEO for just over _____ months (submitted to search engines on ___), and there are still some things that need to be improved about your website and online presence, it is going to take time. Search engines usually re-index your website every 6-8 weeks, so when edits are made, it will take time for those search engines to re-read that new information and for those changes to have an impact on your SEO.
If you have any other questions or would like to discuss these suggestions in more detail, please feel free to reply to this email or give us a call at 888-932-5560. We are in the office Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm Eastern Time.
Thanks and have a great day!